This weekend in Birmingham RockPaperShotgun and Eurogamer.net are holding a gaming conference in the NEC in Birmingham. Rezzed is a new annual PC gaming show split between blockbusters and indie titles with two afternoons of developer lecture sessions. Last year it was held in Brighton but this year its held in the NEC in Birmingham Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 6pm.
12pm – Panel: How can new business models improve PC gaming?
1pm – Total War: Rome 2
2pm – A look back at Frozen Synapse and a look forward to Frozen Endzone
3pm – Dreamfall Chapters
4pm – Project Eternity
5pm – Sir, You Are Being Hunted
12pm – Panel: Is storytelling in games getting any better?
1pm – Hotline Miami 2 vs. Luftrausers
2pm – Total War: Rome 2
3pm – WildStar
4pm – The Creative Assembly Game Jam
5pm – DayZ Standalone
All times are British Summer Time so adjust accordingly for your timezone.
If you are lucky enough to be attending there will be a number of playable games available both mainstream and Indie (Leftfield).
Leftfield Collection curator David Hayward sums up what will be available:
- Apotheon – Alientrap Games “Platform RPG – as beautifully drawn as the side of a Greek vase.”
- Ending – Aaron Steed “Based on roguelike combat, this is a brutal puzzle game in which you can die very suddenly.”
- Ether One – White Paper Games “An ambitious and already accomplished-looking indie project, Ether One is a first-person action game without the shooting.”
- Full Mojo Rampage – Over the Top Games “Top-down, 3D roguelike set in a voodoo dimension.”
- Gone Home – The Fullbright Company “A spooky yet calm exploration game, Gone Home is crafted down to fine detail, making it wonderfully evocative of a mid-nineties American house.”
- Gun Monkeys – Size Five Games “More accessible than previous Size Five title Gibbage, Gun Monkeys is a two-player, 2D deathmatch game with smeary neon visuals and over the top action.”
- Hacker, the movie hacker simulation game – Liam Fogerty “Ever wanted to randomly hammer keys while pretending to be a hacker in a film? Well now you can, but with a game to validate it so you don’t feel embarrassed when other people are watching.”
- icefishing v – Nathan Gallardo “Made by sound designer Nathan Gallardo, this is an abstract, first-person exploration game inspired by glitch music and drones.”
- Luminesca – Matt Glanville “Ambient, underwater exploration game that makes excellent use of light and shadow. The scale of it will make you feel dwarfed.”
- Morphopolis – Micro Macro Games “Inspired by Machinarium and Tiny Bang Story, Morphopolis has fantastic botanical art, reminiscent of 70’s illustration and animation.”
- Reus – Abbey Games “A gorgeously composed god game, in which you raise ecosystems and tribes, then smite them if they get too greedy.”
- Silhouette – Manikin Games “Two-player, turn-based game in which one player must escape and the other must hunt. The closer you are to each other, the shorter the turns become…”
- Sneaksneak – Frambosa “Atmospheric, two-player co-op stealth platforming, filled with gorgeous little bits of sound and animation.”
- That Dragon, Cancer – Josh Larson “Profoundly unsettling, in some ways even comforting, and unlike anything else I’ve ever played. Sometimes, it seems like there is nothing to do but pace.”
- Trash TV – Lawrie Russell “In this co-op and single-player platformer, the cartoony aesthetics conceal a dry sense of brutality.”
- Undercurrent – Undercurrent Development “Not shy of new technology or ambitious projects, this student team are building a diving game for the Oculus Rift.”
- Helix – Michael Brough “Excellent variation on a shoot-’em-up, in which you cannot shoot and must weave instead.”
- Out There – Mi-Clos Studio “A narrative, comic book-like game with a realistic approach to science-fiction. Return to earth, knowing that hundreds of years are passing in your absence.”
- RYMDKAPSEL – grapefrukt games “This a beautiful little resource-management game set in the depths of space. It seems so hopeful the first time you play it, until you slowly realise it’s futile… and begin the challenge again.”
- Stickets – Wanderlands “A minimalist, gorgeous and fiendish puzzle game.”
We – Chris and Lily will be at Rezzed both days so keep an eye out for us or @reply us at @dualring and @chris_dualring