Granola makes a great topping and an easy choice for breakfast with a bit of yoghurt or milk and fruit, but it’s grain-heavy and sugar-laced. This is our alternative that we either use as a topping or mix with a sugar free muesli for breakfast.
40g of each: Walnuts, Almonds, Brazil nuts, Hazelnuts, Cashew nuts, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds
20g of each: Chia seeds, Flax seeds (grind them yourself), Sesame seeds, Coconut flour
1 teaspoon each: Ground cinnamon, Vanilla Extract
30 ml (2 tablespoons) Olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 150°C/300°F.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Spread onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove, stir and return to oven (turn off oven and use residual heat).
5. Roast for another 10 minutes and remove when dry.
We store it for around a week in an airtight container.
*Carbs: I carb counted using the information printed on the packaging and reached roughly 1 carb per 10g of granola.
This recipe was created in the Ergohacks Kitchen. It was first published on 28 June 2017 and last updated on 5 December 2017.
*Always verify carb count when cooking by checking the carbs in your own ingredients.