Jody Lemoine from Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada submitted his ideal standing desk to Ikea Hackers. It is a Galant Table with a Galant Extension on Capita legs adding the height with an Ekby shelf on top of that for a monitor stand. In the U.K., the cost of the materials will set you back about £300.
Most of the materials is from Ikea. The Rod and Hex Nuts can be picked up at your local DIY store and expect to pay around £5-10 in total.
- Galant 160x80cm Desk with Frame £85
- Galant 80x60cm Extension Table with Frame (2) £60 each
- Galant T-Leg (2) £25 each
- 8″ Capita Legs (2) £11 each
- Ekby Hemnes 119x28cm Shelf £14
- 1′ Long 3/8″ Threaded Rod (4)
- 3/8″ Hex Nut (4)
Total cost: Just under £300